at Speedie: Engineering
Speedie & Associates, Inc. recognizes that people are its most important and visible asset and is always interested in reviewing the qualifications of knowledgeable, motivated, qualified, customer service-oriented individuals. Due to the ever-changing workload demands, we may or may not, at any given time, have openings for engineers, either entry-level or experienced, however the list below should server as general guidelines as to what the firm would be looking for when it is hiring.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or closely-related field with soils, civil emphasis a plus
- E.I.T. registration or ability to obtain
- Construction Materials Testing experience a plus
- Special Inspection experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; must be fluent in English
- Ability to interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and clients
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical solutions
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs used in design, such as Word, Excel
- Working knowledge of Autocad a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Arizona required (or able to obtain); additional registrations a plus
- At least ten years of expericence in geotechnical and geological engineering as related to commercial / industrial / institutional / residential structure projects as well as airports, roadways, bridges and civil works.
- Relevant project experience includes foundation design for spread footings, drilled shaft foundations, helical piers, LRFD design experience a plus; pavement design for roadways, freeways, and airports.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills are required; excellent English technical writing skills are required
interested, please visit How
to Apply for more information. Thank you and good luck!